As a logistics employee at VOLTA you are responsible for the logistical framework of our daily operations.
You contribute to the realization of the interdisciplinary activities (creation, education and presentation) of VOLTA with a smooth organisation, planning and management. In addition, you carefully take care of the infrastructure, technical framework and other facilities that are made available to the artists. You implement strategies and ideas that contribute to a more efficient logistics policy of the organization, making you an essential part of the day-to-day operation of VOLTA. You are respectful and tolerant of the people you work with, thereby striving for an inclusive and accessible operation of VOLTA, both artistically and logistically.
- Taking responsibility for the entire infrastructure
- Organization and maintenance of the corridors, the rooms, the storage areas
- Do daily rounds of the building and around VOLTA
- Tour bus maintenance (follow-up and cleanliness)
- Signaling technical faults in the building and the studios
- Responsible for the logistics of the activities (rehearsals/ residencies/ concerts, workshops...) of our own productions as well as of third parties:
- Welcoming residents and artists when entering a concert or residency.
- Responsible for stock management of drinks
- Keep order and structure the technical areas.
- Check drink stock and place order
- Sort and prepare empty goods for supplier
- You are bilingual Dutch/French
- You have experience in the cultural sector.
- You have experience in supporting, following up and organizing projects.
- You are autonomous and take initiative
- You live in Brussels
- You are eager to learn, self-reliant and want to take on new challenges
- You organize and plan your work yourself
- You can work well together on content and form
- You are open for occasional evening or weekend work
- Affinity with music sector
- Minimal knowledge of technical material
- You contribute to a rapidly growing Brussels project.
- You are respectful and tolerant towards others
- You take care of the ecological footprint of the logistics operation
Experience of working in an intercultural context, and several years of useful experience as a logistics employee in an organization is recommended but not required.
- Oral reporting
- technical skills
- Dare to take initiatives
- Stress resistant
- Be willing to undergo further training
Be willing to work in a flexible schedule (evening and weekend work), be willing to occasionally take on duties not covered by this job description.
Part-time employment / variable schedule
Contract of indefinite duration
Remuneration: pc 304 scale C
Send your CV and a short motivation letter to Arne Huysmans : firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply before the 20th of September 2021.